Stress and anxiety are part and parcel of everyday life, however, when things get out of balance, it can have far reaching effect on your home, family and work life. There are many gentle solutions to dealing with this issue, but it can be easy to feel overwhelmed by the vast range of products and advice available, making it difficult (and expensive) to discover safe and effective support that’s suitable and right for you.
This four part workshop is designed to help you better understand the nature and root cause of your anxiety, and uses the concept of herbal energetics to help you create your own range of remedies that are uniquely suited to your own individual constitution.
This is the key difference between knowing which remedies are actually going to work, rather than taking the “take it and see” approach that so much over the counter, quick fix advice is based on.
Over the course of four sessions we’ll cover:
- How to create safe, personalised anti-anxiety tea blends and decoctions for your individual situation
- How to make your own flower essences from wildcrafted plants, and blend them for emotional balance
- How to choose effective high quality essential oils and hydrosols, and how to use them in foot, hand and steam baths for relaxation
- How to use knowledge of herbal energetics to select suitable tinctures for your individual constitution.
- Understanding dosage, and comparing home made preparations with off the shelf products
- Combining all of the above with nature therapy (this session includes a herb walk) to create an individualised, successful prescription
The course will include practical, hands on medicine making sessions, and is accompanied with detailed resources for home study. We’ll take a tasting tour of some of the most popular over the counter remedies including medicines made from roses, lemon balm, lavender, hawthorn, lime flower, rosemary, wood betony and many more. We will try out samples in class, exploring the various different extract forms e.g. teas, tinctures, infused oils, essential oils etc.
Refreshments are also included in the price.
Due to the bespoke nature of this course, tickets are limited to just 5 people.
Please note that as this is a community based project, these tickets are highly discounted. In total the course covers 8 hours of material and aims to provide you with comprehensive tools to manage your anxiety. These are lifelong skills that are helpful for yourself and your family.
The course is designed to run across the different seasons in order to observe the changes in nature as well as support you as you learn. This means you’ll have a chance to put what you have learned into practice in between sessions, as well as experiment with different plants as they come into flower. For example, root medicine for grounding is discussed during the colder months, and flowers for making essences are abundant in the Summer. This ensures you” complete the course armed with knowledge about a wide range of different medicines and preparations all year round.
The 4-part workshop which will take place at Newquay Community Orchard on the following dates:
- Saturday 10th Dec 2022 10 am -12 noon
- Saturday 11th Feb 2023 10 am -12 noon
- Saturday 8th April 2023 10 am – 12 noon
- Saturday 3rd June 2023 10 am – 12 noon
As a wide range of plant preparations and resources are needed for each session, I am unfortunately unable to offer any refunds in the event you are unable to attend any of the sessions. However, you will still receive workshop notes. as well as any resources shared during the in person class.
Please do take the time to read about our terms of service before making your booking.
If you have any questions at all about the nature, course content, or suitability of the course, please don’t hesitate to get in touch and I’ll do my very best to help. Please send any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org