Chilli pepper “pick me up” has many health benefits and is a great store cupboard standby for winter wellness. Chilli peppers have the ability to increase circulation and aid digestion, but few people realise they also make an excellent mood booster, gently enhancing feelings of vibrant well-being. This is because chillies contain an active ingredient known called capsaicin, which when ingested, produces natural endorphins which have been shown in studies to lift low moods.
A few drops of Chilli Pepper “Pick Me Up” can help aid concentration, making it an excellent supplement for students and busy people who work long hours. Chilli Pepper “Pick Me Up” helps to reduce mental fatigue without the need to resort to caffeine or energy drinks which can ultimately leave you feeling tired and depleted.
Chillies also contain high levels of vitamin C and other trace minerals which may be beneficial for vascular health. They also contain anti-oxidants and flavonoids, all of which are important to a healthy immune system and protecting the body from the potentially damaging effects of free radicals.
This organic chilli tincture is also a natural pain reliever and can be taken internally or added to homemade herbal oils and salves to produce a gentle warming sensation which effectively relieves aches and pains. Herbalists use capsicum as a “messenger” herb. This is because it has the ability to enhance the action of other herbal preparations taken alongside it eg: echinacea for colds and flu (helps to reduce the length of an illness.) This makes it a great addition to natural cold and flu remedies, making them more effective and fast acting.
Some studies report that the beneficial compounds found in chilli peppers may also help to prevent strokes.
You can read more about the health benefits of chillies here:
- Capsaicin Supplementation Improved Risk Factors of Coronary Heart Disease
- Capsaicin: Benefits and Uses – Dr. Mercola
- Eating chillies may help us live longer
- Capsaicin: important potential for promoting vascular and metabolic health
Chilli Pepper “Pick Me Up” is very easy to take.
- Add 3 – 5 drops to your morning smoothie for an instant caffeine-free boost
- Add a few drops to melted chocolate for a delicious alternative to sweet treats
- Add 5 drops to warm water, lemon and ginger and drink every morning as a weight loss aid
- Surfers – warm up after a session by taking a few drops of tincture diluted in a small amount of water as a healthy “chilli shot.”
- Chillies and other spicy dishes can be enhanced by adding a few drops to food at the preparation stage
- Gives an extra “kick” to baked goods
The chillies contained in this preparation were grown in Summercourt, Cornwall by Scott, a local producer at “Cornish Chillies”
Caution: This supplement is not suitable for people who have been diagnosed with a stomach ulcer or similar gastro-intestinal disorder. Neither is it suitable for pregnant or breastfeeding women. As this product contains alcohol, it is not suitable for children, or people who are abstaining for personal or religious beliefs. Caution should be taken to avoid contact with the eyes.
If you are unwell, have health concerns or an ongoing illness and are concerned about the suitability of this product, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before you purchase. There can be interactions between herbs, food supplements, certain medicines and even some foods. If you are currently taking any prescribed medication for a current health condition, or are unsure if there may be a risk of interaction with anything else you are taking, please check with your GP before taking this herbal remedy.