Herbal shrubs and switchels are traditional drinks made with vinegar, fruits and herbs, and sweetened with honey, molasses or sugar. They can be used as the base for “mocktails” to provide a healthier alternative to alcohol, or can be added to spirits to make unusual long drinks. They are even used by herbalists to make concentrated medicinal preparations. The list of ingredients as well as their uses is endless. This popular 2 hour herbal shrubs workshop is designed to introduce you to the fascinating history of herbal shrubs, switchels and vinegars, and give you an opportunity to sample and make your own delicious creations using a range of seasonal ingredients.
During the herbal shrubs workshop we’ll cover:
- The health benefits of shrubs, switchels and vinegars
- Which herbs & vinegars work best for both flavour and health
- How to safely bottle and preserve your herbal creations
We’ll be making:
- A traditional winter wellness tonic packed with immune boosting herbs and berries
- A scrumptious, non alcoholic switchel made with seasonal produce
- A vinegar and rose water facial spritzer for radiant skin
The cost of the workshop includes refreshments and a take home goody bag containing a personalized, bottled creation of your choice. You’ll also receive a whole bunch of resources and recipes so you can continue to experiment at home. All equipment is provided, but as it can get quite messy – please consider bringing an apron if you have one!
In order to ensure that all participants get the most enjoyment and knowledge from the session, groups are limited to a maximum of 10 people. A minimum of 5 persons is needed in order to run the course.
Workshops can be held at a location of your choosing – either a clinical practice, event setting, or private home within 20 miles of Newquay, Cornwall. Please note there may be an additional charge to cover travel expenses.