Explore the world of botanical long drinks at our wild herbal mocktail gathering.
During this immersive foraging and tasting experience you’ll learn:
- How to mix sophisticated herbal drinks from a range of edible flowers, berries and plants
- How to choose herbal pairings that work for both flavour and health
- How to safely forage for, bottle and store your wild creations
During our gathering we’ll be making
- Haymakers punch (also known as an herbal shrub or switchel) from wild foraged plants
- A seasonal syrup to use as the base for mocktails and sophisticated sodas
- Virgin and alcoholic cocktails from a range of pre-mixed botanical syrups and shrubs
The session is led by a practicing herbalist who will not only share her best wild recipes, but will also tell the story of the history of herbal vinegars and their traditional usage as health drinks and medicines.
At the end of the gathering there will be an opportunity to sample a range of cocktails made from pre-blended botanical syrups and shrubs. Participants will also receive a bundle of downloadable resources and recipes, so you can continue to experiment with your own blends at home.
The wild mocktail gathering will be held at Khudva (an off grid hideout on the doorstep of Tintagel, on the North Cornwall coast) on Saturday 31st July at 12 noon.
Kudhva is a place like no other. The ancient landscape is steeped in history. This magical haven hidden away from the bustling tourist trail is the perfect sanctuary, allowing you to fully immerse yourself in nature and reconnect to the old ways.
Please note that the event is hosted entirely in an outdoor space. All sensible hygiene measures have been put in place to ensure the safety and comfort of everyone participating in the event. Please see the terms of service page for details of our COVID safety measures, and information about our cancellations and refunds policy.