Explore the world of botanical long drinks at our wild herbal mocktail gathering.
During this immersive foraging and tasting experience you’ll learn:
- How to mix sophisticated herbal drinks from a range of edible flowers, berries and plants
- How to choose herbal pairings that work for both flavour and health
- How to safely forage for, bottle and store your wild creations
During our gathering we’ll be making
- Haymakers punch (also known as an herbal shrub or switchel) from wild foraged plants
- A seasonal syrup to use as the base for mocktails and sophisticated sodas
- Virgin cocktails from a range of pre-mixed botanical syrups and shrubs
The session is led by a practicing herbalist who will not only share her best wild recipes, but will also tell the story of the history of vinegars and their traditional usage as health drinks and medicines.
At the end of the gathering there will be an opportunity to sample a range of virgin cocktails made from pre-blended botanical syrups and shrubs. Participants will also receive a bundle of resources and recipes so you can continue to experiment with your own blends at home.
The wild mocktail gathering will be held at Khudva (an off grid hideout on the doorstep of Tintagel, on the North Cornwall coast) on Saturday 15th May at 2pm.