Explore the world of botanical long drinks at our wild herbal mocktail gathering.
During this immersive foraging and tasting experience you’ll learn:
- How to mix sophisticated herbal drinks from a range of edible flowers, berries and plants
- How to choose herbal pairings that work for both flavour and health
- How to safely forage for, bottle and store your wild creations
During our gathering we’ll be making
- Haymakers punch (also known as an herbal shrub or switchel) from wild foraged plants
- A seasonal syrup to use as the base for mocktails and sophisticated sodas
- Virgin cocktails from a range of pre-mixed botanical syrups and shrubs
The session is led by a practicing herbalist who will not only share her best wild recipes, but will also tell the story of the history of herbal vinegars and their traditional usage as health drinks and medicines.
At the end of the gathering there will be an opportunity to sample a range of virgin cocktails made from pre-blended botanical syrups and shrubs. Participants will also receive a bundle of downloadable resources and recipes so you can continue to experiment with your own blends at home.
The wild mocktail gathering will be held at Khudva (an off grid hideout on the doorstep of Tintagel, on the North Cornwall coast) on Saturday 29th May at 12pm.
Kudhva is a place like no other – an architectural wonder fusing the ancient lands and geological history of Cornwall with a creative and visionary camping experience designed to challenge your comfort zone and open up new paradigms. Workshops held at this most magical and inspiring of places, ensure that minds are reconnected to the old ways, and spark a flow of energy that will stay with you long after you leave this clifftop sanctuary
Please note that the event is hosted entirely in an outdoor space and numbers are limited to comply with the current government guidelines. All sensible measures have been put in place to ensure the safety and comfort of everyone participating in the event. Please see the terms of service page for details of our COVID safety measures, and information about our cancellations and refunds policy.