Herbal shrubs and switchels are traditional drinks made with vinegar, fruits and herbs, and sweetened with honey, molasses or sugar. They can be used as the base for “mocktails” to provide a healthier alternative to alcohol, or can be added to spirits to make unusual long drinks. They are even used by herbalists to make concentrated medicinal preparations. The list of ingredients as well as their uses is endless. This short course is designed to introduce you to the fascinating history of herbal shrubs, switchels and vinegars. Get ready to discover the delights of making your own delicious creations using a range of seasonal ingredients.
During the herbal shrubs course we’ll cover:
- The health benefits of shrubs, switchels and vinegars
- Which herbs & vinegars work best for both flavour and health
- How to safely bottle and preserve your herbal creations
I’ll show you how to make:
- A traditional winter wellness tonic packed with immune boosting herbs and berries
- A scrumptious, non alcoholic switchel made with seasonal produce
- A vinegar and rose water facial spritzer for radiant skin
You’ll also receive a whole bunch of resources and recipes so you can continue to experiment with your own creations.