This practical, hands on workshop is designed to teach you everything you need to know to start making refreshing botanical drinks at home using ingredients and supplies that you likely already have in your store cupboard or garden.
You’ll learn how to make your own infused botanical vinegars and herbal syrups to be used as a base for heirloom recipes and botanical long drinks, as well as the art of tea blending for making hot and cold infusions.
You do not need to drink alcohol to enjoy the recipes and techniques shared in this laidback workshop.
During this hands-on workshop, we’ll immerse ourselves in:
- The history of drinking vinegar as a health elixir
- How to use vinegar to preserve and extract herbal ingredients
- Making herbal punch from edible flowers, berries and plants
- How to make a maceration and stove top syrup from scratch
- How to make decoctions and infusions (and the differences between them!)
- Choosing herbal pairings that work for both flavour and health
- Gathering, bottling and storing your botanical creations
We’ll be making:
- Haymakers punch (also known as an herbal shrub or switchel.) Smuggler’s Rum or Fire Cider (depending on the season)
- A herbal syrup to use as the base for mocktails and sophisticated sodas
- Hot and cold infusion medicinal teas from foraged botanicals and common store cupboard spices
All participants will leave with a bundle of downloadable resources and recipes, so you can continue to experiment with your own blends at home.
Full details about the event location and what to expect will be forwarded to participants upon booking. All sensible hygiene measures have been put in place to ensure the safety and comfort of everyone participating. Please let me know if you have any food allergies, sensitivities or special dietary requirements before attending the course.
If you have any questions at all about the course content or venue location, please don’t hesitate to drop me a line at email@example.com and I’ll do my very best to help.
*Please see the terms of service page for information about our cancellations and refunds policy before making your booking.